Thursday, February 7, 2013
Tool 8.1 CARE Model: Planning Tool
Identify Concerns that must change
1. We must utilize our time to better serve our struggling students.
2. We must try to improve campus climate by implementing a schedule that takes everyone’s opinions into consideration.
3. We must promote sharing through surveys instead of campus gossip/griping/complaining.
Identify Affirmations that must be sustained
1. Teacher/staff support and commitment to the new schedule.
2. Administrative support in holding the staff accountable for their responsibilities.
3. Organized activities for support staff to best utilize their time with the kids.
SMART Recommendations that must be implemented:
1. Are there enough RtI teachers to serve the amount of kids we have?
2. Are there staff members with free time that could help out with struggling kids?
3. Can the schedule be altered in a way that increases time spent with the struggling kids?
EVALUATE – Specifically and Often
2. team conferences
3. staff meetings