Sunday, January 19, 2014

Ancient Manuscript Analysis

I reviewed the Bible from Ethiopia. It was very interesting since I have never studied an ancient work. One thing I noticed regarding contrast was the use of red and black ink. I don't know what the words actually said but it could be that the red font represents the words God spoke like in our Bible. The colors used were very repetitious as were the images used in the margins on the text pages. I felt the alignment was consistent and contributed to the organization of the text. The text was either in single paragraph format or two columns. I also felt balanced when I looked at the pages. If they used a picture of a column on one side of the text, it was on the other side also. A lot of rainbow-type images were used across the top and that also provided balance and contributed to proximity as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment