Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Action Planning Template



What are the teachers’ and staff’s levels of satisfaction with the current schedule? 

Does the current schedule best serve our students?


What changes can be made to best utilize everyone’s time to positively impact the learning of our students?


Our staff has voiced concerns and distaste for the current schedule. Because our PE teacher doubles as a coach, our ‘specials’ times are limited. Because we have one RtI person to serve Kindergarten through 3rd grade, we have a limited number of kids that she is able to serve from each grade level. Through research, I would like to discover if we can better serve our kids, while taking into consideration the staff’s needs and preferences, and utilizing our time to the best of our abilities.




Action Planning Template
Goal:
Create a campus schedule that best meets the needs of our students, while taking into consideration the needs and preferences of our teachers and staff, and utilizing everyone’s time to the best of our abilities.
Action Steps(s):
Person(s) Responsible:
Timeline: Start/End
Needed Resources
Evaluation
Survey teachers and staff to elicit feelings regarding the current schedule. (possibly parents as well)
Keri Grimsley
January 2013-August 2013
*Online Survey
Completed
Surveys
Research optimal learning times/breaks for elementary students.
Keri Grimsley
January 2013-August 2013
*Counselor input
*Internet

Assist in creating the 2013-2014 campus schedule.
Keri Grimsley
Mindi Reynolds
Jason Karnes
January 2013-August 2013

*Surveys
*Research Info

Completed Schedule
Implement the new schedule.
Mindi Reynolds
Jason Karnes
August 2013


Survey teachers and staff to elicit feelings regarding the new schedule.
Keri Grimsley
December 2013
*Online Survey
Completed Surveys

9 comments:

  1. I think this looks great, Keri. I was struggling with the evaluation portion...wondering if I could repeat the expected evaluation piece. Mine only goes through this school year....I plan to continue it next school year but the initial plan ends in June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks very good and similar to mine. One thing that I made sure I put on my template was a "reflection" step, just to ensure that the plan was heading in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great. I only have one question. Are we supposed to have more than that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is great. You've outlined the major steps, so I don't see the need for it to be any longer (in response to Lindsey's question about it being longer). I like Neil's idea to add the reflection step, I might do that as well. I added a step of presenting my findings to the teachers and principal at the end, but not sure that's even necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neil, good idea! I forgot to put "reflection" in my plan I just said look at data but it should be to reflect. I am glad we are all getting our plans out before the web conference, this is going to make for an easier week! Keri, great job. I think this looks right. Everything mentioned in the assignment is in your plan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keri, your plan looks great. You have done a good job. It is not set in stone, anyway. I have the understanding that as we research, our plans may vary somewhat, but our focus will stay on course! You can always change or tweak it here or there. I like your work, Keri.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neil...the reflection step is a great idea. Keri, your plan is well thought out! I really think your topic is so important because the right schedules can really help our students and teachers in so many ways. I will be following along closely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your plan looks good. I can not begin to imagine the headache you will get when creating a schedule for all students! I know that want to, in a way, participate when its time for our campus to create schedules for our students because my department (Math) is realizing that our students are no longer able to function by 6th and 7th periods which are towards the end of the day. We are trying to stress to our administration to try to have all math classes in the first half of the day where we know our students will be much more attentive alert.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great, Keri! I have a portion at the end of mine where I present my findings to my principal as Christa mentioned. I put it there as a way to share the research with them but more importantly to me, to collaborate with them on any needed changes and get approval before implementation. You might consider doing something like that as well. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete